[RC5-PROXYPER] Proxy->Proxy->KeyServer Question

Michael Larocque mlarocque at shaw.wave.ca
Tue May 12 11:46:24 EDT 1998

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Friedemann Baitinger wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 1998, vlad wrote:
>
> > Has anyone successfully connected from one proxy to another proxy to a key
> > server?  I need to run clients behind a firewall through one proxy.  The
> > security policy frowns on all the machines merrily chatting through.  So I
> > need to do:
> >
> > Clients->Proxy->FW->Proxy->KeyServer.
>
> AFAIK, chaining of proxies is not a supported option.

It may not be 'supported', but I've managed to get it to work. I was
'forced' to use it quite a while back when I was using one of the
infamous 'spamming clients'. My home network ip was on the 'reject
list' for a time and I managed to chain that perproxy to another on an
external box that I have access to.

The config for my home network perproxy was:

[KeyServer]
ipaddress=<name of external proxy box here>
port=2064
workperiod=60

[ports]
port=2064
port2=8080
timeout=30

[console]
detached=1
logfileconsole=rc5pcon
logfileconsolerotation=daily
consoleverbosity=255

[rc564]
logfilekeyblock=rc5pkey
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
minkeysready=5
maxkeysready=150
maxkeysdone=5
randomprefix=103

[desII]
logfilekeyblock=despkey
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
minkeysready=5
maxkeysready=150
maxkeysdone=5
allowdes=1

[misc]
proxymessage="Alphas Rule!"
pidfile=/tmp/rc5proxy.pid

The external perproxy had a standard setup. I don't have it at the
moment, but if need be I can dredge it up.

Mike

<*> Michael Larocque - mlarocque at shaw.wave.ca <*>
An idle CPU is a terrible thing to waste - www.distributed.net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net