[RC5-PROXYPER] Proxy->Proxy->KeyServer Question

Mitchell Patenaude mrp at sonic.net
Tue May 12 12:58:43 EDT 1998

On Mon, 11 May 1998, vlad wrote:
-- Has anyone successfully connected from one proxy to another proxy to a key
-- server?  I need to run clients behind a firewall through one proxy.  The
-- security policy frowns on all the machines merrily chatting through.  So I
-- need to do:
--
-- Clients->Proxy->FW->Proxy->KeyServer.

On Tue, May 12, 1998 Friedemann Baitinger wrote:
> AFAIK, chaining of proxies is not a supported option.

It works fine.  I've been using that kind of setup for over 6 months without
problems.  AFAIK, the "main" proxies are just a slight variation on the personal
proxies. The problem is doubtless in the firewall configuration, but I don't
really have much experience there.

Vlad, does it proxy behind the firewall talk to the "main" proxies okay?

   -- Mitch
--
   -- Mitch Patenaude             Software Engineer
      mitch at likeminds.com         LikeMinds Inc.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net