[PROXYPER] Windows NT problem

Diggs, Steve Diggs at gateway.daugherty.com
Thu Oct 1 15:18:41 EDT 1998

Glad to hear someone else trying to use PProxy on NT. I haven't changed the
settings from their defaults other than the # of blocks downloaded at one time.
Meanwhile, I've been trying to find a way to set up a RASDIAL event that would
call my ISP, then kick the PProxy service and cause it to do a flush and fetch.
After several months of trying, I have nothing to show for it. The most logical
way I can see to do it is to do a NET STOP <PProxy> followed by a NET START.
PProxy can't seem to be started and stopped that way. Any ideas?

Also...to everyone...is the author of PProxy monitoring this list? Who is that
person? If he or she isn't interested in updating the PProxy code with the bug
fixes/enhancements, would the author be willing to release the source and let us
support it as a group? Where we are right now is not a viable situation.

Regards,
Steve Diggs, W4EPI