[PROXYPER] Windows NT problem

Diggs, Steve Diggs at gateway.daugherty.com
Tue Oct 6 10:27:53 EDT 1998

(See quoted message from Mark Hill below)

I tried your suggestion for starting/stopping the NT Bovine Proxy.

1. "NET STOP bovproxy" works.
2. "NET START bovproxy" does not work. I get the following response:

The requested pause or stop is not valid for this service. More help is
available by typing NET HELPMSG 2191. (Of course, that help message is of no
help)

After I try NET START bovproxy and go to the Services Applet, the Start button
is greyed out. I then have to restart NT to get the bovproxy service to start.

BTW, I get the same error when I substitute the long service name, "Bovine
Distributed.Net RC5 Proxy Service".

This would be a whole lot easier if the author of PPROXY would come out of
hiding and suggest a way to use the command line to do a flush and a fetch.
<grin>

Thanks for any further suggestions!

Regards,
Steve Diggs