[PROXYPER] Re: [RC5-PROXYPER] Basic setup for LAN with a few machines

Phillip Chambers pj.technology at virgin.net
Mon Sep 7 18:15:05 EDT 1998

Ok I've now sussed out that the IP for the adapter, and my ISP IP's are
separate! So I've set 10.255.255.1 and 10.255.255.2 on two machines, and
they ping each other no problem! So: now when I run the personal proxy I
thought I would need to add some entry to listen for 10.255.255.2 ? Just
leaving the .ini file as it comes doesn't do much - or do I need to change
something in the client machine's config to get the proxy to notice it?

Thanks again,

Phil Chambers, UK