[PROXYPER] Re: [RC5-PROXYPER] Basic setup for LAN with a...

Henry Miller hank at black-hole.com
Tue Sep 8 18:49:59 EDT 1998

WARNING!  The following messages suggests a technical move that is not in
the best interest of everyone.  If you do not understand the implications
of it, don't try it.  In particular anyone using this system must be sure
that they will not send incorrect data to the internet.

As an alternative to this, in some situations you can fake out the DNS
system, claiming to be the root nameserver for us.v27.distributed.net, and
pointing that to your ip address.  Anouther option is to use host files
(work on unix mostly) to do the same thing.  Make sure you don't mess up
perproxy submitting when you do this.

The above would be a very useful option for the person who was orginially
asking for help.  For others it might be more hassle then it is worth.