[PROXYPER] GMT anomaly

Phillip Eviston phile at phile.com.au
Sat Sep 19 06:50:54 EDT 1998

Thanks for the posting Neil, and it's very interesting to see
that others are having the same problem. I started using the
OS/2 280 PProxy in early August and saw the problems, but after
discussion with the guy that ported it, we thought it may have
been the way the Watcom compiler handled dates.

But if it's happening on other platforms, then we may have to
rethink this strategy. It's a particular pain in the a#$@ for me
'cos I run dynamic stats for submitters to my PProxy. From 10:00
am local time, anyone checking stats triggers the cgi to update
the stats and the stats routine knows to put in a column for the
new day, but the PProxy claims that the new day starts at 11:00
local time and therefore the blocks are added to the "Blocks
completed yesterday" column. This has been annoying the crap out
of me and I was hoping (still am) that this would be corrected when
we start daylight saving in NSW.

I suppose I'll just have to wait and see...

Cheers
Phillip

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net