[PROXYPER] Linux 281 bug

Petr Novotny Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
Wed Sep 23 14:47:16 EDT 1998

Hi,

I am again trying to report a bug in Linux perproxy build 281. There
was no response last time - is there someone interested still?

My setup: Proxy is running on the dial-up router; the connection is
active only a few hours a day. DNS server is running on the same
computer too and perproxy is using it for queries.

Problem: When the host is not on-line (ie. local DNS can't
communicate with the world around) and the proxy needs to flush or
fetch, it stops serving the clients. (My settings: maxkeysready=600,
maxkeysdone=20; as soon as I have only 599 ready keys or 21 done
keys, the proxy stops feeding the clients at all!) I consider it a
serious bug - more than half of the blocks my clients check are
random blocks!

Would someone please care to fix the bug?
--
Petr Novotny, ANTEK CS
Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
http://www.antek.cz
-- Don't you know there ain't no devil there's just God when he's drunk.
                                                             [Tom Waits]
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net