[PROXYPER] Linux 281 bug

WINKELMANS Gunther Gunther.WINKELMANS at is.belgacom.be
Wed Sep 23 17:59:39 EDT 1998

It seems logical that the proxy stops accepting keys from the clients if
the maxkeysdone has been reached.
But if you increase the maxkeysdone, it will take longer to flush when
online.

Maybe the coders should add a minkeysdone parameter?

Or if your online & offline time is fixed, you could work with 2 ini-files:
- one with a small maxkeysdone for on-line work;
- one with a large maxkeysdone for off-line work.
-------------
Original Text
From: Petr Novotny <Petr.Novotny at antek.cz>, on 23/09/98 15:47:
To: SMTP at MASTER.PER@BELGACOM[<proxyper at lists.distributed.net>]

Hi,
I am again trying to report a bug in Linux perproxy build 281. There
was no response last time - is there someone interested still?

My setup: Proxy is running on the dial-up router; the connection is
active only a few hours a day. DNS server is running on the same
computer too and perproxy is using it for queries.

Problem: When the host is not on-line (ie. local DNS can't
communicate with the world around) and the proxy needs to flush or
fetch, it stops serving the clients. (My settings: maxkeysready=600,
maxkeysdone=20; as soon as I have only 599 ready keys or 21 done
keys, the proxy stops feeding the clients at all!) I consider it a
serious bug - more than half of the blocks my clients check are
random blocks!

Would someone please care to fix the bug?
--
Petr Novotny, ANTEK CS
Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
http://www.antek.cz
-- Don't you know there ain't no devil there's just God when he's drunk.
                                                             [Tom Waits]