[PROXYPER] Linux 281 bug

Petr Novotny Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
Wed Sep 23 18:16:58 EDT 1998

> It seems logical that the proxy stops accepting keys from the
> clients if the maxkeysdone has been reached.

No it doesn't seem logical; reaching maxkeysready means "Hm I think I
should flush", not "Hm I think I should run for cover". The proxy
should act as a proxy as long as it has any non-checked blocks, and
it should accept done keys too. There's no reason not to do so.

There's no problem to flush when I connect - just
kill -SIGHUP `cat /var/run/rc5proxy.pid`
called in /etc/ppp/ip-up - simple as hell.
--
Petr Novotny, ANTEK CS
Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
http://www.antek.cz
-- Don't you know there ain't no devil there's just God when he's drunk.
                                                             [Tom Waits]
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net