[PROXYPER] Forcing flush on NT

Petr Novotny Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
Wed Sep 23 18:50:03 EDT 1998

Hi,

I tried to use Jeff Lawson's advice about how to flush hidden NT
proxyper. I tried this code:
 if (NULL==(event=OpenEvent(EVENT_MODIFY_STATE,FALSE,"RC5PROXYFLUSHSEMAPHORE")))
 {
  printf("OpenEvent() unsuccessful %u.\n",GetLastError());
  return 1;
 }

 success=SetEvent(event);

Jeff said this should work; however, I am getting error 5, it means
"Access is denied", even when running that as administrator. Hey
Jeff, if you're listening, isn't the event created with too strict
security options?

--
Petr Novotny, ANTEK CS
Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
http://www.antek.cz
-- Don't you know there ain't no devil there's just God when he's drunk.
                                                             [Tom Waits]
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net