[PROXYPER] Forcing flush on NT

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at jupiter.ict.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 23 21:28:00 EDT 1998

In message <199809231617.SAA03886 at albatros.icom.cz>, "Petr Novotny"
wrote:

>Jeff said this should work; however, I am getting error 5, it means
>"Access is denied", even when running that as administrator. Hey
>Jeff, if you're listening, isn't the event created with too strict
>security options?

If a service is started from the SCM, it has the owner "System" IIRC
which is different (and apparently more powerful) than
"Administrator" ....

Ciao,
	Bernd

--
 Bernd Petrovitsch               Institute of Computer Technology
 Gußhausstraße 25-29, A-1040 Vienna Email: bernd at ict.tuwien.ac.at
 "...Unix, MS-DOS, and Windows NT (also known as the Good, the
 Bad, and the Ugly)."                              (By Matt Welsh)
 UNIX is user-friendly ... it's just selective about who its
 friends are !!                       2 is the oddest prime number