[PROXYPER] Problem with proxy and linux ?

David Taylor rc5 at xfiles.nildram.co.uk
Mon Apr 12 15:36:38 EDT 1999

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Matthew Geier wrote:

>  I did that, and it improved things, but it looks like I need LOTS of
> blocks available.
>
>  Ill make the buffer even bigger!.

Hmm.. What's your overall keyrate?   (The proxy reported 7.7 Mkeys/s in
the logs, but it claims I do quite a bit over what I really do).

Assuming it is 7.7 Mkeys/s you can do a couple thousend blocks a day.  So
25 is an *insanely* low figure.

You usually want to buffer (for RC5) about 3 days of blocks, incase of
network outages, so make that the maxready figure, and set minready to 1
or 2 days worth.

--
David Taylor
E-Mail:	dtaylor at nildram.co.uk.spam