[PROXYPER] Compatibility

David Taylor rc5 at xfiles.nildram.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 17:02:18 EDT 1999

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Shawn Tayler wrote:

> I have a machine on a LAN where I will have a few clients running soon.  This machine boots between Win98 and
> OS/2 occassionally.  I know that the client and PProxy can coexist on the same machine under OS/2 but can they
> under Win9x?  Also are the buffer files compatible between the two OS versions?  The clients seem to be fine.  Are
> there any pitfal;ls with having the two PProxys sharing buffer files?  Only one will be active at any one time.

Yeek, icky wrapping.

Clients and PProxies are completely separate, and can co-exist anywhere..

As far as I can see, sharing proxy buffers works perfectly (linux &
win9x), though I haven't tried OS/2, but I assume it would work.

However, DONT run two proxies on the same buffers at the same time.. Bad
things will definately happen.