[PROXYPER] Proxyper e-mailing logs? (and wstart issues)

Tom Cramer drakino at usa.net
Fri Apr 16 03:54:53 EDT 1999

Is there a way to e-mail proxyper logs out automatically under Win95?  I'd
like to be able to do this so I can use a log analyzer on my linux box
automatically for the proxy I am running at work.

Also, on an unrelated note, wstart is doing it's job well for hiding the
proxy and allowing it to run as a service under 95.  (Sigh, if only one NT
machine would be allowed to be hooked to this network and have an internet
connection.)  But seeing that it doesn't come up saying I have to shutdown
the proxy, whats happening to it?  Is it being shutdown gracefully or
forcefully?  I'm assuming forcefully, as I had to add unlock and repair to
the startup.  Is there a way to prevent this from happening, or minimize
the blocks lost?  (I remember hearing something about the proxy buffering
some blocks only in memory...)

And finally, what controls 95's ability to resolve a computer name to an IP
on a DHCP LAN?  For example, I want "ping pod2-station4" to return
192.168.0.1, but I noticed a few computers having a problem with this.

Thanks,
Tom
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net