[PROXYPER] Proxyper on Win98 with WSH

Tom Cramer drakino at usa.net
Wed Apr 21 02:42:11 EDT 1999

I was browsing the list archives, and noticed someone saying it's possible
to use the windows scripting host to hide the console.  Does anyone have a
script to do this that can run on startup or better, in runservices?  Also,
can it close the proxy correctly preventing block loss?

Also, just for all those in the list thinking that I'm not running it with
permission, here is the situation.  At work, we have several computers
dedicated to support for emulating clients problems.  All run 95/98, and
all are separated from the main network.  The only way to get to the
internet for them is to use a modem, hence the proxy on one to help add the
ones without modems.  Also, none of the computers on the isolated network
are NT, so running it as a service in NT is not possible on that network.
Besides being a pain to hook even one into the main network, it's strictly
not allowed, to prevent virus or whatever floats around on that network
from getting to work computers.  Right now Dilbert Desktop Games seems to
be on many of them.

Thanks,
Tom
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net