[PROXYPER] Block fetch anomaly

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Wed Apr 28 18:50:04 EDT 1999

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Steve Rodway wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I have noticed with my personal proxy (Win32 build 304)
> that during updates, it only ever requests blocks of iter 64
> from the full proxy, so I was wondering how it always seems to
> manage to fill the input buffer up to exactly the level set by
> maxkeysready (1000), even though this isn't a multiple of 64?
>     The only things I can think of it that either it is
> requesting smaller blocks, but not showing the requests in the
> log files, or it is lying about managing to exactly fill the
> input buffer every time, anyone have any other ideas or knows
> for certain what's going on?

The last request just ask for (maxbuffer-what you have)
So although the last request is still logged as
"Sending request iter 64", you get only like 40 to get exactly to the
1000.
BTW, in the new version (that will appear shortly), the proxy
overshoots a little, so it will get a lot of 64 iter blocks until
1024. This is done so the proxy inbuffer does not have split blocks,
so clients really get the iters they request (no more 6*2^28 if you
ask for a 2^31 !!)

Ivo (ivo at distributed.net)

--

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net