[PROXYPER] Pre-release version of proxy available.

Jeff Lawson jlawson at bovine.net
Thu Apr 29 01:45:52 EDT 1999

In an attempt to ensure the quality of the upcoming personal proxy
release, I am making a pre-release version of it available for download.
Only users who feel confident running beta software and actively sending
feedback about it should download this.  First-time users, and users who
are not already actively running a personal proxy should not download
this!  I am currently only making the Win32 exe available at this time.

http://bruteforce.st.hmc.edu/~jlawson/beta/proxyper306-win32-x86-pre1.zip

Please note that the buffer format in this new version is not compatible
with any previous format.  Additionally, please fully read the
documentation file (even if you are familiar with the proxy).  Quite a
number of slight things have changed, plus we would like feedback on the
documentation and areas where it could be improved.

If you are able to test any/all of the non-zero uuehttpmode settings,
please do!  The networking core has undergone significant changes, and we
are hoping that this new revision provides maximum compatibility with all
UUE, HTTP, SOCKS4, SOCKS5, and the new Generic Proxy options.  This new
networking core will soon be the basis of all networking in the client, so
there should no longer be differences between the client and proxy in
terms of networking functionality.

Anyone who downloads the above zipfile is expected to send detailed
feedback indiciating positive/negative experience with this new beta
within 48 hours of downloading.  Please send your feedback directly to me
at bovine at distributed.net

--
Jeff Lawson   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~jlawson/   http://www.bovine.net/
Jeffrey_Lawson at hmc.edu   jlawson at bovine.net    bovine at distributed.net