[PROXYPER] Solaris proxy out of connections; slow huge block/dup lists

Andrew Donkin ard at scms.waikato.ac.nz
Tue Aug 3 15:37:36 EDT 1999

Hi proxiers.  I have two problems.  When extremely busy my Solaris 308a
proxy wails:

08/03/99 00:16:43,Out of connections.  Dropping connection with [...]

...and the client is left to try again.  Other than running proxies in
parallel, is there a way around this?

Secondly, the proxy is taking 12M and one CPU in an 8-CPU Sun (it's a
fairly putzy CPU, admittedly).  "checkduplicates=0" in the "[rc564]"
section makes no difference.

Every couple of minutes (statusperiod's) I see:

08/03/99 02:07:25,Removing 422 rc564 blocks from block-history

So,

1. is this list alive?
2. is anyone else having these problems with Solaris perproxies?
3. any solutions?

Andrew Donkin                                           Technical Support
School of Computing and Maths, Waikato University, Hamilton,  New Zealand
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net