[PROXYPER] Win32 client and proxy on same machine

Holger Sesterhenn sester at mcis.de
Mon Aug 9 22:00:39 EDT 1999

Hello,

I've installed the latest proxy for Win32 (308) and would like to run a
client (7112.444) on the same machine.

Client.Ini:
------------
[parameters]
id=sester at mcis.de
threshold=10:10
preferredblocksize=28
quiet=0
noexitfilecheck=1
nofallback=1
cktime=5
nettimeout=60
exitfilechecktime=30
logname=rc5.log
checkpointfile=
checkpointfile2=none
pausefile=
keyproxy=hogli

[networking]
disabled=no

[rc5]
randomprefix=180

[logging]
log-file-type=no limit
------------- EOF ------------

"hogli" (192.168.0.3) is the name of the machine. The problem: The client
tries to connect to the proxy every second! If I switch "Disable buffer
updates from/to keyserver" to yes, the client does not connect at all!

--------- proxy.ini
[KeyServer]
ipaddress=euro1.v27.distributed.net
port=2064
connectperiod=600
connectivity=offline		; normal,offline,lurk,lurkonly

[ports]
port=2064
testport=3064
timeout=30

[console]
logfileconsole=rc5-proxy-console.log
logfileconsolerotation=none
consoleverbosity="all"

[rc564]
logfilekeyblock=pproxyrc5
logfilekeyblockrotation=none
maxkeysready=20
maxkeysdone=3

[misc]
proxymessage="rc5des Personal Proxy!"
pidfile=rc5desproxy.pid
statusperiod=300

How to solve this problem? I would like to connect about 30 machines if
everything work well...

ciao,

Holger Sesterhenn

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net