[PROXYPER] Trouble with DUN

Mike Harms MikeH at bechamp.com
Tue Aug 10 10:21:39 EDT 1999

Go to:

My Computer/Dial Up Connections

In the window click on the menu options Connections/Settings.

Change the Radio Button Options to "Don't Prompt to use Dial Up Networking"

This is on a Win98 machine, but I believe Win95 is almost exactly the same.

The issue is that dial up networking hooks from Microsoft sit above normal
TCP/IP and intercept TCP/IP and check for a connection.  Unfortunately the
checking for a connection doesn't work ideally so if you are on a hardwired
TCP/IP network and try to reach a network resource the Dial-Up networking
prompt can also pop up.