[PROXYPER] How can I get more then 1000 blocks?

Meij Ewout MSM AD CH ewout.meij at cibasc.com
Tue Aug 24 11:37:00 EDT 1999

Hi Spirin,

It's good morning to me (10:27).

the proxy will get you (and your friend) the blocks it thinks you'll need
for the next 4 days or so. so if your friend has his proxie up and running,
with a couple of clients for a day, the proxy will 'know' that it needs to
fetch more blocks than x. If the proxy is newly started, and makes a
connection to the real proxy, it will only get him a 1000, since the proxy
at that time does not know that the clients behind her, are capable of doing
more than the default 1000 blocks.

To solve your problem, you need to change something in your ini file.

[rc564]
logfilekeyblock=pproxyrc5
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
minkeysready=100
maxkeysready=10000
maxkeysdone=10000
contestclosed=-1971239405
expertmode=1

Ofcourse you should enter values that are good for you. The key entry is the
expertmode=1 this will stop your proxy from 'guessing' how many keys to get.

Cheers,
Ewout