[PROXYPER] How can I get more then 1000 blocks?

Mike Morrow mike at micratek.com
Wed Aug 25 11:28:50 EDT 1999

Somehow I missed all of this.  I will try this.

Thanks,
Mike

At 06:58 PM 8/25/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Am I missing the point or what? for less than 2 days ago we discussed:
>
>[rc564]
>expertmode=1
>
>this will stop your proxy from 'guessing' how many keys to get.
>
>What I would like is something like:
>operation_hours=03:00 05:00
>
>So that the connection will only be used during hours 'no one' is really
>working.
>
>And what would be another goody, is if the fetch would only fetch when it
>reaches it's level, and the flush would flush when it reaches it's level,
>and not as now, that an fetch triggers a flush and visa versa.
>
>This is why i'd like to say thanks to Mike for writing:
>
>  -Take a cue (clue) from Windows.  Automatic is NOT always better!  Unless
>it
>  -can be turned off when the HUMAN knows better, automatic sucks!  I really
>  -hate Windows (re)setting things because IT knows better than I do about my
>  -environment.  The human should be able to win over 'smart' software when
>  -that software is not so smart!
>  -
>  -My opinion, but apparently the viewpoint of others.
>  -
>  -Mike Morrow
>--

     _/      _/   _/   _/  _/    _/_/_/   From the computer room of:
    _/_/  _/_/   _/   _/ _/     _/       Mike/W5MDM (was AB6NN)
   _/ _/_/ _/   _/   _/_/      _/_/     Mike at MicraTek.com
  _/  _/  _/   _/   _/  _/    _/       38°04'43.7"N, 122°12'20.5"W
_/      _/   _/   _/    _/  _/_/_/   310 feet elevation, MSL
AOL/IM: W5MDM -- ICQ: 5056515  Homepage: http://www.micratek.com
The legal system is the dark shadow of justice.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net