[PROXYPER] How can I get more then 1000 blocks?

gunther.winkelmans at belgacom.be gunther.winkelmans at belgacom.be
Thu Aug 26 10:00:08 EDT 1999

The disadvantage of using your client-buffers *occasionally* is that the
blocks might already have been checked by someone else.

The last time I heard something about the recycling of blocks was that the
recycle time dropped to 1 month. DNET pleaze confirm!

This would mean that if your previous long weekend was 5 weeks or more age,
you have to delete  & refill your in-buffers of each client before the next
long weekend. While this can be a solution for some people, for many others
it won't (geographic spread of the clients, or just too many). Clients
should be install & forget. If that's not the case then please give us
maximum flexibility on the proxy side.

I can understand that dnet wants protection against hackers and newbies but
if you make it too hard for some of us to participate we'll have to quit
:(

Gunther.