[PROXYPER] How can I get more then 1000 blocks?

Tim Bishop timbishop at bigfoot.com
Thu Aug 26 11:21:18 EDT 1999

I couldn't agree more. It fustrated me totally when win95 came along with
all it's automatic settings. Simple things like it constantly telling me
I've added new hardware.....AS IF I need to be told !!

I can see the sense in this feature, but I think that a way to switch it off
would be ideal. I've tried this expertmode=1 thing and I couldn't get it
working....but maybe I was doing something totally wrong !

In my situation I have set the pproxy never to connect. It's running on a
Linux machine which is not directly connected to the net. I use cron to send
an ALRM signal which tells it to connect. Ideally I would like to do this on
a weekly basis (I'm not bothered how the stats work - I have my own on my
proxy!), but I am currently running it twice weekly because this new
'feature' won't let me do anything else.

Tim.