[PROXYPER] Recycling keys

Mike Morrow mike at micratek.com
Thu Aug 26 11:50:52 EDT 1999

To D.Net folks,

Why would you use time recycling keys after a month or two months or EVER
until they are needed again, naturally.

If I were to design it, I would mark a key done when it is returned and not
issue that one again.  When someone wanted a key, I would issue one that
had not been marked.  That is all.  No time issues to deal with at
all.  That seems to be useless overhead with its associated possibility for
errors, like any code.

Maybe my view of this is cracked, being far removed from the project but I
just never have been able to figure out why anything other than issuing
unchecked keys is being done.  If I am way off on this, then I apologize in
advance.

My summation is: Are some keys more important than others?  If not, then
this timed recycling is sillyness.  If so, then I just don't understand the
situation.

Thanks for any enlightenment on this.

Mike Morrow

     _/      _/   _/   _/  _/    _/_/_/   From the computer room of:
    _/_/  _/_/   _/   _/ _/     _/       Mike/W5MDM (was AB6NN)
   _/ _/_/ _/   _/   _/_/      _/_/     Mike at MicraTek.com
  _/  _/  _/   _/   _/  _/    _/       38°04'43.7"N, 122°12'20.5"W
_/      _/   _/   _/    _/  _/_/_/   310 feet elevation, MSL
AOL/IM: W5MDM -- ICQ: 5056515  Homepage: http://www.micratek.com
The legal system is the dark shadow of justice.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net