[PROXYPER] How can I get more then 1000 blocks?

Tim Bishop timbishop at bigfoot.com
Sun Aug 29 04:49:23 EDT 1999

I need more than 4 days worth because I can't have the proxy connecting too
often (I live in the UK where it costs a lot - relatively). I am running the
proxy on Linux and have set it up to never connect. Then I have setup a cron
job that sends it an ALRM on a once weekly basis, thus causing it to
connect.

The problem I had was that I would run out mid week, then I found v308 of
the proxy and the expertmode=1 setting. This has allowed me to set an
inbuffer of 8000 blocks which is just enough to last for the full week.

I can understand your problem though, but to be honest, if some _seriously_
wanted to drain your blocks they could just download loads, delete the
buffers, then do it again. I think it's caused more hassle than good, unless
you know something we don't :)

Anyway, cheers again, keep up the good work !

Tim Bishop.