[PROXYPER] How can I get more then 1000 blocks?

Matthew Toseland Matthew.Toseland at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 27 15:47:22 EDT 1999

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>Could you share with us why you need more than 4 days worth of blocks? Or is it
>simply because you need to be able to sneakernet pproxy buffers? We'd like to
>be able to make the pproxy as easy to use and as useful as possible without
>risking that people could easily 'drain' our network of keys.
I could.
I am on BT Internet Plan Unlimited, therefore I get free calls to the internet
on weekends.  A minimum weekday call is not much but there are other
complications (don't ask) so normally I don't go online on weekdays.  Thus I
manage the settings myself (client 416+proxy 280; I will go up to 308 soon and
use expertmode).  7 days is a more generally useful way of doing things.  And
there are 2 machines (poss up to 4 in near future) so it is easiest to run a
proxy rather than rely on lurk (or rc5des -flush in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d).