[PROXYPER] port 2064 w/firwalls

Jonathan Ah Kit ahkitj at paradise.net.nz
Wed Dec 8 19:54:00 EST 1999

Hi,

Slightly offtopic I s'pose, but I don't think the 'random' ports are a
problem. IIRC from watching the program netstat (do other OSs than the Win32
Win9x flavours have this one?), those are the outgoing port numbers and the
incoming ports are the ones that are fixed in number, right? Or am I
wrong...? :)

I mean, even virtually all my Internet programs, from my web browser to
telnet program seem to exhibit this 'random' port number for the outgoing
port number according to netstat.

Regards,
Jonathan. :)
--