[PROXYPER] with netscpae proxu server 3.5 without socks support

Ryan_McConigley at notes.dola.wa.gov.au Ryan_McConigley at notes.dola.wa.gov.au
Thu Dec 9 09:12:47 EST 1999

> Netscape proxy server accept only HTTP on port 8080 (no socks 4/5
support)
> and have a login/password
> what the configuration of ligne HTTPID= in the perproxy .INI file ??

     I had the same problem here, but ended up getting around it, however
you steal it out of the client .ini file.  To illustrate, here is my file
->

[parameters]
id=ryan_mcconigley at notes.dola.wa.gov.au
in=buff-in.rc5
out=buff-out.rc5
in2=buff-in.des
out2=buff-out.des
logname=/tmp/bovine.log
randomprefix=103
contestdone2=1
descontestclosed=-1091571699
scheduledupdatetime=0
uuehttpmode=0
httpport=8080
httpproxy=proxy.dola.wa.gov.au
httpid=bGlyam0wMDpzb2tpdDJtZQ==
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
nofallback=1
threshold=10:10
keyport=0
keyproxy=151.130.16.195

     Then you just cut and paste the hi-lighted line into the proxyper.ini
file and hopefully it works ok.  It does for me, well, usually anyway :}
If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll see if I can dig up any more info
for you.

     Cheers,
          Ryan.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net