[PROXYPER] Linux 304 PP

Jack Cummings sauron at angband.ee.ualberta.ca
Thu Feb 11 10:28:43 EST 1999

On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 10:53:38AM -0500, root at avalon.lib.indiana.edu wrote:

> (un?)fortunately, I have recieved a much nicer machine with the
> stipulation that i give up my old machine.  I am planning/thinking about
> making my change to the linux glibc 304 client.  I was wondering if anyone
> has any comments (+/-) about it... in particular I want to know if i will
> be making a mistake.

Here's my take on it:

(+) it's compatible with the other v3xx proxies

(-) it locks it's buffers, which in a crash, they must be unlocked before
    the proxy can start again
(-) There is a chance, that in a crash, the buffers will become irrepairable
    corrupted

Those are the only two things I'm bitter about right now :P

--Jack

Quantum Mechanics is a lovely introduction to Hilbert Spaces!
		-- Overheard at last year's Archimedeans' Garden Party
====-=-==== Jack (John) Cummings == cummings at nyquist.ee.ualberta.ca ====-=-====
========== for pgp public key --- finger the above address, and pray ==========

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net