[PROXYPER] Linux 304 PP

Jay Berg jberg at phc.net
Fri Feb 12 06:37:30 EST 1999

To prevent the hanging when a DNS server is unavailable (i.e. when the
pproxy system is offline), make the following change to the default setting
in the .ini file.

connectperiod=300

This allows sufficient time for the pproxy to fail the gethostbyname() and
to operate properly. Smaller values will work. But with 300, it is assured
to work.

    Jay Berg
    jberg at phc.net