[PROXYPER] Is 30x a lemon?

Heinz Saathoff hsaat at bre.ipnet.de
Tue Feb 16 17:03:07 EST 1999

> ... Particularly with the
>buffer structure of the new proxies, the entire buffer is not held in
>memory and only those that are "cached" are.  Being able to continue
>accessing the blocks within the buffer is dependent upon the buffer
>remaining in the state that they were last left by the last operation by
>that proxy.

I'm running the 304 proxy on NT. I just checked the modification date
of the buffer files. Last access was on Feb 09. That's the date when
I did the last restart of the proxy.
So my proxy seems to have all buffers in memory and does a write to
file ony during ordinarie shutdown.
In case of a crash I might loose up to 2500 checked blocks.
Till now my NT system hasn't crashed often ;-)

	Heinz

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net