[PROXYPER] When does it flush?

Petr Novotny Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
Thu Feb 25 11:32:55 EST 1999

> >holding back blocks for ages... I think the stats should take
> >account of the date the block was completed and the 'Top 100
> >yesterday' should show the Top 100 number of blocks *COMPLETED*
> >yesterday not *SUBMITTED* yesterday...
>
>  How will you take that in the calculations when blocks completed
>  yesterday
> may turn up weeks or even months later. You should make a yesterday
> page for each date of the contest :)

There's more fundamental problem: Unless the clients and proxies
connect a NTP server to find out the exact date/time everytime they
finish/receive/flush a block, you can't trust the date/time signature
of the packet at all. You simply can't trust computer's internal
date...
--
Petr Novotny, ANTEK CS
Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
http://www.antek.cz
-- Don't you know there ain't no devil there's just God when he's drunk.
                                                             [Tom Waits]
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net