[PROXYPER] Build 301

list.proxyper at iahastie.clara.net list.proxyper at iahastie.clara.net
Fri Jan 8 23:42:28 EST 1999

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999 09:28:45 +1100 (EDT),
   bryan collins <bryan at coombs.anu.edu.au> wrote:

>Well I just grabbed 301a on FreeBSD, and it wont even initialize the proxy
>at startup, it just hangs.
>
>300 and 301 have all sorts of problems, 300 decided that it wasnt
>going to give out any desII blocks all night, even though it has 1000
>in the in buffer.

Are you sure the problem happened all night?!  On my system the problem
starts at midnight.  Even though console output says x blocks available
it behaves as if there are none.  If I shut it down and restart then
it shows 0 blocks available.  Seems to me someone has messed up
the pointers in the log compression routines.  That being the one thing,
AFAIK, that *only* happens at midnight.

--
Ian.

    'Trust the Internet,