[PROXYPER] [Fwd: Distributed Computing Patent awarded to Microsoft] boundary="------------209CBB94C29FF9790772089D"

waldo kitty wkitty42 at alltel.net
Mon Jan 11 21:25:54 EST 1999

wizard01 at bellatlantic.net wrote:

> Do does that mean what it sounds like it may mean? Microsoft
> may try to legally take over what's going on here?
>

> > Microsoft applied in 1995 and has now been awarded in
> > Dec 1998 the distributed computing MPEG patent to make
> > use of spare cycles in settop boxes as additional
> > computing capacity.
> >
> > Microsoft's new MPEG patent:

no, i don't think so... it only gives them another in into our lives by
using spare cycles in the settop boxes used by cable companies... at
least, that't the way it appears to me... and since i don't have cable
out here where i am, and i don't use any M$ os' any more than i have to,
it's not a real concern to me at this time...

--
          _o    Bike       o_          Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
       -- <,_   Collider  _,>  --      mailto:wkitty42 at alltel.net
     --  _>(_)  Project  (_)<_  --     ftp://ftp.wplace.dyn.ml.org
    --  (_)                 (_)  --    http://www.wplace.dyn.ml.org
                                       telnet://bbs.wplace.dyn.ml.org
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net