[PROXYPER] 302 can't make it through firewall

Richard Havern richard_havern at ionica.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 16:59:55 EST 1999

Rick said:

I have the same problem with my 302b proxy using uuehttpmode=2.  I have
gone to the length of putting up a quickie back door (now gone, so don't
get any ideas ;-) to check the build.  Using the same settings as the
uuehttpmode=2 and changing the mode to 0 (adjusting the appropriate
ports, etc) I got build 302 to function.  I changed to uuehttpmode=2 and
it errors out and does not transfer any blocks.  It appears to me that
the code for mode 2 is a non-starter.  I have gone back to my 280 proxy
now that it will speak to the build 302 main proxies.  Wait for a
release that specifically fixes the http proxy problem.  Best of luck.

Ted said:

>Subject: 	[PROXYPER] 302 can't make it through firewall
>
>Can anybody offer any advice here?
>
>I can't make it through my firewall with the new 302 proxy.  I had no
>luck with 300 or 301 either.  My configuration looks [in part] like this:
>

>[KeyServer]
>ipaddress=us80.v27.distributed.net
>port=80
>connectperiod=30
>connectivity=normal
>;bindip=                        ; IP to talk out to keyserver from
>uuehttpmode=2
>httpproxy=bar.XXX.com  ; name changed to protect the innocent
>httpport=80
>;httpid=
>
>In comparison, my 280 configuration (That works no problem) looks [in
>part] like this:
>
>[KeyServer]
>ipaddress=us80.v27.distributed.net
>port=80
>workperiod=30
>uuehttpmode=2
>httpproxy=bar.XXX.com
>httpport=80
>

>When I try to run the 302 proxy, I get the following:

<snip-a-roo on text showing build 302 failing nicely on a uuehttpmode=2
>setting>

In order to help safeguard the assets of the business, the business of Ionica Plc has been transferred to Ionica (1998) Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ionica Plc (In Administration). Ionica (1998) Limited is carrying on business in succession to Ionica Plc (In Administration).

the system manager, postmaster at ionica.co.uk

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net