[PROXYPER] Detach from console

Daniel D. Kekez stellar at magma.ca
Wed Jan 13 22:01:44 EST 1999

Hi,

I installed build 302 of the personal proxy and I seem to be having
trouble getting it to detach from the console and run as a daemon
process. In my configuration file I have the appropriate line, but it's
not doing anything. I'm including my proxyper.ini file at the end of
this e-mail; please let me know if you can see my problem.

I configured proxy 281 a few months ago without problems, so I'm puzzled
by the problem I'm having with 302. I know it's not an upgrading
problem, because 302 is in a new directory with new buffer files (I had
my clients empty the old buffers before taking down 281). I am running
the personal proxy 302 for Linux x86 glibc under RedHat Linux 5.1,
Kernel 2.0.35.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
-Daniel

---proxyper.ini---
[KeyServer]
ipaddress=us.v27.distributed.net
port=2064
connectperiod=30
connectivity=normal
;bindip=                        ; IP to talk out to keyserver from
;uuehttpmode=0; 0=normal,1=uue,2=http,3=http+uue,4=socks4,5=socks5
;httpproxy=wwwproxy.corporation.com
;httpport=8080
;httpid=

[ports]
;listenaddress=                 ; IP to accept clients on
port=2064
;port2=23                       ; must be root for ports < 1000
;port3=80
testport=3064
timeout=30

[console]