[PROXYPER] Problem with Solaris 2.6 (SPARC) proxyper 302

Marty Hoff martang at eti.com
Fri Jan 15 14:37:33 EST 1999

I'm having trouble with running proxyper-302.  I was previously running
build 280 without any troubles.   I can't find the message that I was getting
because it has already scrolled off the top of my screen past my scrollback
buffer, but the behavior is that I have to stop the proxy, then run the
-repair option and restart the proxy.

I saw in the readme that this was suggested to be done often, but I must
admit I don't understand why this would need to be done all the time since
none of the previous versions have this problem.

If this indeed should need to get done every day, I suppose I can write a
script to shut it down periodically, run -repair, and then restart it, but
that seems a big pain.  Or I could just go back to running build 280 instead.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Marty

(new to this list -- is there an archive of it somewhere?)

Marty Hoff                   martang at eti.com
Associate Manager of System Administration
Evolutionary Technologies International, Inc.

Pickled walnut?

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net