[PROXYPER] error in log file

Marty Hoff martang at eti.com
Fri Jan 15 14:40:16 EST 1999

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> Hi all,
> can anyone tell be what the error message in the log for the 14th means,
> and if it's a problem.
>
> This is the end of the log on the 13th, and as you can see it's perfectly okay.
>
> Then follows the start of the 14th and the error message is there almost immediately.
>
> 01/14/99 00:02:24,Error, block count does not make sense: totalused=0 totalempty=2 totalunits=7
> 01/14/99 00:02:55,rc564 r=761/500, d=0/100, 0.0 Mkeys/sec

Gary,

This is exactly the message I get every day now too.  I have to stop the
thing and run the -repair option to fix it.  I don't know why it happens,
though.  I've also just sent a message to the list asking about the same
problem but I didn't have the text of the error message.  I'm running this on
Solaris 2.6 with build 302.

Marty

Marty Hoff                   martang at eti.com
Associate Manager of System Administration
Evolutionary Technologies International, Inc.

Pickled walnut?

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net