[PROXYPER] Problem with Solaris 2.6 (SPARC) proxyper 302

Jo Hermans Jo.Hermans at vub.ac.be
Fri Jan 15 21:48:01 EST 1999

At 09:37 PM 1/15/99 , you wrote:
>I'm having trouble with running proxyper-302.  I was previously running
>build 280 without any troubles.   I can't find the message that I was getting
>because it has already scrolled off the top of my screen past my scrollback
>buffer, but the behavior is that I have to stop the proxy, then run the
>-repair option and restart the proxy.
>
>I saw in the readme that this was suggested to be done often, but I must
>admit I don't understand why this would need to be done all the time since
>none of the previous versions have this problem.
>
>If this indeed should need to get done every day, I suppose I can write a
>script to shut it down periodically, run -repair, and then restart it, but
>that seems a big pain.  Or I could just go back to running build 280 instead.
>
>Anyone have any ideas on this?

Yes. The default .ini file contains an entry for the logcompressor.sh
script, which will be called when the logs are rotated. If this script
isn't in the same directory, the proxy will develop some kind of problem in
the input-buffer. Remove the logcompressor-entry and restart the proxy. No
problem anymore.

Tested multiple times on Solaris 2.6, proxies 302. With the
logcompressor-entry, the proxy will fail the first time it has to read its
input-buffer. Repeatable.

---
Jo Hermans, System Administrator DINF, VUB University, Brussels
Jo.Hermans at vub.ac.be                http://dinf.vub.ac.be/~jo/
Tel : +32-2-629.38.19               Fax : +32-2-629.35.25
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net