[PROXYPER] Problem with Solaris 2.6 (SPARC) proxyper 302

Marty Hoff martang at eti.com
Fri Jan 15 14:53:21 EST 1999

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Jo Hermans wrote:

> At 09:37 PM 1/15/99 , you wrote:
> >I'm having trouble with running proxyper-302.  I was previously running
> >build 280 without any troubles.   I can't find the message that I was getting
> >because it has already scrolled off the top of my screen past my scrollback
> >buffer, but the behavior is that I have to stop the proxy, then run the
> >-repair option and restart the proxy.
> >
> >I saw in the readme that this was suggested to be done often, but I must
> >admit I don't understand why this would need to be done all the time since
> >none of the previous versions have this problem.
> >
> >If this indeed should need to get done every day, I suppose I can write a
> >script to shut it down periodically, run -repair, and then restart it, but
> >that seems a big pain.  Or I could just go back to running build 280 instead.
> >
> >Anyone have any ideas on this?
>
> Yes. The default .ini file contains an entry for the logcompressor.sh
> script, which will be called when the logs are rotated. If this script
> isn't in the same directory, the proxy will develop some kind of problem in
> the input-buffer. Remove the logcompressor-entry and restart the proxy. No
> problem anymore.

logcompressor.sh is in the same directory and actually does rotate the logs.
Are you saying that the log rotation functionality doesn't work correctly?
I suppose I can live without log rotation until this problem can be fixed.

> Tested multiple times on Solaris 2.6, proxies 302. With the
> logcompressor-entry, the proxy will fail the first time it has to read its
> input-buffer. Repeatable.

Thanks!  I will remove that entry.

Marty

Marty Hoff                   martang at eti.com
Associate Manager of System Administration
Evolutionary Technologies International, Inc.

Pickled walnut?

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net