[PROXYPER] Repost:Telling when connection has finished.

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Jan 15 20:43:46 EST 1999

Hi all,

This is a repost of a question I asked a few days ago, before my subscription was completed. Could anyone who answered this question please re-send them to me.  Sorry for the nuisance
I've just installed a pproxy on a linux PC that will eventually serve up to 120 PC's plus sundry other machines (IBM RS6000 F50, and other PC suitable only for holding doors open).

The Linux PC has an ISDN dialup connection to the internet.  The pproxy is running in 'offline' mode, and I am going to issue a SIGALRM in my ip-up script.  What I need to know is how do I know when the pproxy has finished talking to the pukka proxy @ d.net, and therefore finished with the phone line.

I apologise if this is a FAQ, but as the PC's are already being rolled out, I need an answer soon.

Thanks,

Gary

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net