[PROXYPER] Proxy not re-synthetizing blocks

WINKELMANS Gunther Gunther.WINKELMANS at is.belgacom.be
Tue Jan 19 09:05:00 EST 1999

Petr,

If the 2^31 and 2^29 blocks have been processed as a whole by one or two
clients, then it should return these two blocks as a whole.
However, if the proxy has distributed them as 2^28 blocks to the clients,
then the proxy will never re-group them.

Gunther.
-------------
Original Text
From: Petr Novotny <Petr.Novotny at antek.cz>, on 18/01/99 17:41:
To: SMTP at MASTER.PER@BELGACOM[<proxyper at lists.distributed.net>]

Hi,
why exactly did the personal proxies stop re-synthetizing blocks?
They did it until 281 and both 302 and 303 seem not to.

My clients are set to 10:10, 2^28 blocks. The proxy usually hands out
one 2^31 and one 2^29. The client goes through them and returns back
10 2^28 blocks. Now in previous builds, the proxy would report back
to master one 2^31 and one 2^29 block; the new proxy returns instead
10 2^28 blocks. Doesn't it create extra load on the master? And
doesn't it consume up bandwidth?

(I may be reading the logs wrong - the blocks may be reported to
master re-synthetized but written to console exploded. Can someone
enlighten me?)
--
Petr Novotny, ANTEK CS
Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
http://www.antek.cz
-- Don't you know there ain't no devil there's just God when he's drunk.
                                                             [Tom Waits]