[PROXYPER] Proxy not re-synthetizing blocks

Jeff Lawson jlawson at bovine.net
Tue Jan 19 02:25:32 EST 1999

As I wrote to another person who asked this question before:

Yes, this type of recombination would indeed be possible and it would
reduce traffic, as well as improving efficiency through various portions
of the proxy network.  Build 280 actually did this type of recombination
when it detected that circumstances were appropriate, however this
functionality has not yet been implemented in the new Build 300 proxies
due to time constraints.  It is not expected to be reimplemented and fully
tested in time for next week's contest.

--
Jeff Lawson   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~jlawson/   http://www.bovine.net/
Jeffrey_Lawson at hmc.edu   jlawson at bovine.net    bovine at distributed.net