[PROXYPER] 303 and proxying

WINKELMANS Gunther Gunther.WINKELMANS at is.belgacom.be
Tue Jan 19 10:53:27 EST 1999

Hi,

What software can I use to get this "tcpdump" (see mail from Jeff below) on
a win95 PC?

I'm currently using the win95-432 client to get my connection working over
the office firewall: the manual of win95 proxy 303 says to copy the
encrypted user & password values from the clients ini-file.
But I can't even get my client to connect with the internet! This comes
from the log window:
Fetch:: Bad data in connect handshake.
What am I doing wrong? What does this message means?
I would like to send Jeff this tcpdump only I don't know how to get it.

Gunther.

-------------
Original Text
From: Jeff Lawson <jlawson at bovine.net>, on 15/01/99 14:27:
To: SMTP at MASTER.PER@BELGACOM[<proxyper at lists.distributed.net>]

I have been unable to replicate or identify any solid problems in the
firewall support in the proxy.  If you can reliably replicate any
problems, please capture a console log and perform a tcpdump (or
equivalent) of the network activity (include packet data payload) and
include your ini file in an email to my address personally.  I will look
at it when I get back next week.

--
Jeff Lawson   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~jlawson/   http://www.bovine.net/
Jeffrey_Lawson at hmc.edu   jlawson at bovine.net    bovine at distributed.net