[PROXYPER] Proxyper not accepting connections.

Paul Comfort pcomfort at technologist.com
Fri Jan 22 08:06:15 EST 1999

At 09:59 AM 1/22/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Linux, build 302.

Upgrade to 303 if possible.

>Hmmm, I'm running proxyper on a dialup and it's serving it's own client and
>another client, but when proxyper is trying to contact the outside world
>(and failing, it's in lurkonly mode) it will refuse to handshake with the
>clients - thus one machine has been working on random blocks all night even
>though the proxy seems to have 16 blocks to pass on.

I run the same config (linux and dialup build 303) but with a few more
machines here.  I don't run lurkonly though, just leave it normal and make
sure I have enough blocks on hand.  With this configuration you should
never have a problem.  You can also kill -ALRM it to make it flush when you
go online if that is the reason you wanted lurkonly.

_Paul
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe proxyper' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net