[PROXYPER] Proxyper not accepting connections.

Jeff Lawson jlawson at bovine.net
Sat Jan 23 19:59:27 EST 1999

I suspect the problem is really that you have the connectperiod set so
short that it leaves no time for clients to connect.  The proxy is single
threaded with all operations (except DNS lookups) performed in
non-blocking operation.  If the proxy is busy attempting to do a DNS
resolve, the resolution will not time out until the OS-defined timeout
occurs.  By that time, the connectperiod may have already passed, and the
proxy will immediately decide that it needs to try another connection
attempt.

The resolution is to set your connectperiod larger, or set the proxy in
offline (or lurkonly on win32) mode.

--
Jeff Lawson   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~jlawson/   http://www.bovine.net/
Jeffrey_Lawson at hmc.edu   jlawson at bovine.net    bovine at distributed.net