[PROXYPER] Weekly Connections

Meij Ewout MSM AD CH ewout.meij at cibasc.com
Sat Jul 24 02:30:00 EDT 1999

Hi Tim,

Check the new pproxy (308), it will enable you to do up to 200k blocks.

Cheers
 ----------
From: Tim Bishop
To: proxyper at lists.distributed.net
Subject: [PROXYPER] Weekly Connections
Date: Friday, 23. July 1999 02:40

Hi,

I am running the latest Personal Proxy on RH Linux 6.0. I have until now had
a cron job sending an ALRM signal on a daily basis to send my keys out. I
have decided that it is a bit excessive to connect every day, as I'm not
that bothered about stats, and it'll save on the phone bill. The problem is
that I will produce something in the region of 14000-20000 blocks a week,
and this is more than the proxy will allow. I gather it has a 'failsafe' if
you set a value higher than 1000, and somehow evaluates how many you would
need for 3-4 days. I need it to let me have enough for say 7-14 days, but I
don't see how I can do this.

My possible solution is to run more than one proxy server on my linux
machine, but this seems excessive.

Any thoughts ?

Tim.