[PROXYPER] Weekly Connections

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Sat Jul 24 17:40:40 EDT 1999

For now, I'd suggest setting your cron to run every 3 days. Or, better yet, get
a little clever with your dialup scripts and have them send an ALRM every time
you connect (I assume you normally connect a few times a week to check email,
etc.) Have them 'touch' a file someplace and have your cron job check that
file's datestamp. If it's been over 3 days since you've connected, have it force
a connection.

FWIW, the 4 day limit is there to prevent people from maliciously 'draining'
keys from our network. We knew that some people would have problems with the 4
day limit, but we felt it was a good compromise.

Moo!
dB!